The differences between types of video: Animation, Motion Graphic and Stop Motion
As a form of content, video can easily and effectively communicate messages, making it popular and engaging on the internet. Depending on the advertising goal and brand, different video types can be used, each with its own features and uses. In this blog, we will explore three popular types of video: Animation, Motion Graphic and Stop Motion.
The concept of different video types:
A fulfilled New year story conveyed through the form of Animation
Animation is a technique that uses a series of moving images (frames) to create a dynamic picture with the purpose of recreating actions, events, emotions, or characters in a story. Any technique that can make static objects or images move is Animation, such as: hand-drawn animation, Anime, Claymation, or Motion Graphics.
Motion Graphics video combined with live-action footage.
2. Motion Graphic:
Motion Graphics is a technique that creates moving images by using graphic elements such as text, charts, and static images. Through this form of video, we can illustrate abstract ideas that are difficult to explain with words or static images. Motion Graphics are usually made with 2D and 3D graphic images.
Shaun The Sheep making process with Stop Motion technique
3. Stop Motion:
Stop Motion is produced by taking many static photos of objects and recording their movements. The subject will be moved slightly and photographed until the scene is completed. Then, these photos are stitched together into a moving film. This technique allows the authors to create motion effects that cannot be done by Animation or Motion Graphics. The subject of Stop Motion can be objects made of clay, paper, dolls, or real objects that are controlled by hand.
A Motion Graphics Video produced by GAPIT Media
Differences between video types:
Each video type has different features and applications that suit different advertising purposes and brands. Therefore, we need to understand these features to use them effectively for the products.
- Motion Graphics, Stop Motion are forms of Animation.
- In marketing, Animation is often used to create short stories, introduce products or services of brands.
- Motion Graphics is often used to explain complex concepts or show the development of products or services of brands.
- Animation focuses on conveying content, stories through characters, settings, movements.
- Motion Graphics brings movements to static designs without following a specific storyline.
- Stop Motion creates unique motion effects that cannot be done by Animation or Motion Graphics.
- Stop Motion is suitable for real subjects such as toys, food. This helps create communication products that are realistic and close to the viewers.
With these advantages, Motion Graphics is ideal for sketching the overall picture or highlighting events and illustrating the meaning; it is often used without stories or narration. Animation is better for focusing on the emotional aspects of the story or creating a connection with customers. Stop Motion is suitable for conveying the realism and closeness of the product in a unique way.