VietinBank is extending its customer base of young clients through the “Profitable Life” campaign, brimming with inspirational messages
VietinBank, officially known as Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade, was founded in 1988 and is one of the most significant retail banks in Vietnam.
- Social Media Communication
- Press release
- Out-Of-Home (OOH) production
- TVC Consulting ideas & Accompanying production
- Digital Ads
Playing a pivotal role as a leading commercial bank in Vietnam, VietinBank has yet to entirely focus on targeting young customers, especially the potential Generation Z. However, with the media partnership of GAPIT Media and the collaboration with rapper Đen Vâu, VietinBank’s flagship campaign for 2023 – “Profitable Life” – has truly made remarkable impressions, beginning on the Booming stage and expanding to a wider audience in the community and among the youth.
According to the Top Trending Social Media Report for March 2023 by Kompa, VietinBank’s campaign became the first campaign of a Big 4 Bank to be listed in the Top 5 media campaigns of the month within only a week of its start.
VietinBank has positioned itself as an economic pillar and driving force, emphasizing its community-building efforts. Since its establishment, the bank has consistently carried out important social welfare operations, with a total sponsorship of 8,500 billion Vietnamese Dong.
However, in order for this impressive figure to truly inspire the community, VietinBank needs a powerful motivation, creating a strong impact through a synchronized and well-executed communication campaign. The bank’s 35th anniversary is in 2023, and VietinBank intends to make adjustments in order to reach out to a younger client base and spread good values across the community.
“Living a Profitable Life” aims to convey a positive and uplifting message with the expectation of bringing “profit” to the community in both material and spiritual aspects. It intends to achieve this through various meaningful activities throughout 2023, along with promotions totaling up to 40 billion Vietnamese Dong.
During this phase, the campaign tries to raise awareness and involve the community by emphasizing the importance of living a productive life. It highlights the partnership with Den Vâu, a well-known rapper, to increase the campaign’s impact and resonance with the target demographic. Furthermore, VietinBank intends to revitalize its brand image by becoming a trustworthy financial institution for the next generations.
- Research & Proposed Direction: After conducting in-depth research on the campaign objectives, customer profiles, and interviews with relevant stakeholders, GAPIT Media proposes suitable communication solutions aligned with the new direction to rejuvenate VietinBank’s image while preserving its unique identity. The aim is to tell a brand story that can have a powerful impact through a creative content strategy.
- Optimising Operational Processes: One of the challenges during the transitional phase of VietinBank is the absence of a clear definition of changes in content and visual communication. Consequently, GAPIT Media must exert additional effort to optimize and select the most suitable solutions for the bank, ensuring a positive influence during the process of image renewal.
- Choosing a new direction with cinematic atmosphere, inspiring, abstract and emotional; simple scenes but symbolic, high-concept images; sound design from everyday materials creating special and attractive highlights for TVC , bonding with viewers.
- Accompanying production and communication TVC on official channels of Den Vau and VietinBank, while also being posted and shared on channels of KOLs, hot pages, and hot groups, producing a synergistic impact delivering maximum ripple effect.
- Exclusive display video on Den’s official channel addressing TVC and campaign, with creative files displayed on the same news page
TVC “Toi la Den” successfully opened the campaign with impressive numbers after only 20 days of launch:
- 7 million views
- 47K reactions
- 4.5K comments
- 8K shares
Live a “profitable” life conquering the TOP 5 media campaigns of the month (According to Kompa’s Top trending social media report in March 2023) after only one week of launch
From May 25 to June 2, VietinBank’s Roadblock campaign “Living a Profitable Life” was exclusively displayed on all videos of Den as well as Den’s channel, reaching more than 4,000,000 impressions on all devices (mobile, PC, tablet, TV), with nearly 50% display on mobile, reaching nearly 2,000,000 users with a frequency of 3.0 and a view rate of 94.4%